Economic evaluation of exclusion netting
|Assembly of exclusion netting (© B. Boehnke, JKI Dossenheim)|
Aim: Under examination are the economic impacts of different exclusion netting systems to prevent infestation by the Spotted Wing Drosophila in fruit crops compared to similar cultivation methods without netting systems.
What will be part of the economic assessment?
Additional or reduced costs for (e.g.):
- Labor requirement
- Deconstruction and disposal
- Plant protection (quantity, frequency)
- Yield and fruit quality
Other economic questions to be answered (e.g.):
- Are investments in new machinery necessary?
- Do peaks in workload occur and can they be compensated?
- Is the use of pollinators necessary to ensure sufficient pollination results?
- Is the use of beneficial organisms possible to reduce plant protection inputs?
- Results of annual surveys among fruit farmers, project managers and netting system suppliers;
- On site evaluations of labor time requirements;
- Data collections and literature.
|Assembly of exclusion netting (© S. Benz, LWK NRW & B. Boehnke, JKI Dossenheim)|
This article is already 0 Once seen.